Monday, April 28, 2014

It's All in the Planning....

Or so I thought.

I LOVE planners.  I love to plan.  I like to make lists.  To make lists of lists.  Well, truthfully, I don't LIKE to do it, but I feel neurotically compelled to.  (I'll just leave it at that ;)

But I simply can't understand why the rest of the world does not need to have at least ONE list or planner as well.  For instance...my teenage daughter.  She is SO busy.  She is rarely home.  Her life is exhausting both to her and to me too as I just stand back and watch her whirl wind by....

So...SHE most certainly could use a planner.

Or so I told myself.

And I went right ahead and made her an awesome one!  Her planner consisted of the downloaded and printed pages by Melinda Christensen from In The Leafy Treetops...minus January-March since they were over and done with.  I did put a few really cute envelopes and pockets in it as well just to "fun it up".  Then I bound it with O wire using my Zutter Bind-It-All.  Yup...it rocked.

I gave it to her today.   She took it, held it for a couple of seconds, opened it up, and said, "It's cute mom, but you should give it to someone else.  With me it will just be wasted."

o.O

Unlike me when I was in High School, she gets straight As, is an athlete in 3 sports, is involved in church activities and has a lot of friends just to name a few of her freakish abilities.  Annnnddddd, she always knows what time it is and where she puts things.

 (shaking head)

Teenagers these days.....


   


No comments:

Post a Comment